I explored a new source today for my next salmon recipe, the All Recipes app on my ipad. As I began searching on the app I looked outside at the weather. Wahoo! It wasn’t raining! It feels like it’s rained nearly every day in July (although it probably hasn’t actually been that frequent), so the clear weather was exciting. It also made the first decision quite easy- the salmon needed to be cooked on the grill. I searched for grilled salmon on All Recipes. There were a bunch of recipes, but as I browsed through them I found a lot of recipes that required ingredients I didn’t have on hand. In fact, Heather’s Grilled Salmon was just about the only recipe that I could make with ingredients I already had. So, the second part of the decision was made quite easily as well. Heather’s Grilled Salmon it was.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- Whisk together the brown sugar, olive oil, soy sauce, lemon pepper, thyme, basil, parsley, and garlic powder in a bowl, and pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the salmon fillets, coat with the marinade, squeeze out excess air, and seal the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil the grate. Remove the salmon from the marinade, and shake off excess. Discard the remaining marinade.
- Grill the salmon on the preheated grill until browned and the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes on each side.
This recipe was amazing! The soy sauce and brown sugar helped give the fish a very deep, meaty taste. I didn’t notice the herbs very much, but I’m sure they added to the flavor as well. I also liked this recipe a lot because it was incredibly easy to make. I think this might be my favorite recipe so far!